Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing Suse Linux 9.2

• Please log in to reply

jburfiel

jburfiel

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have a Dell Latitude CPi D233ST Model Laptop with nothing on it, the hard drive is clean. I was wondering if theres any way I could put it on or would it just be a waste of time and be to much time to boot up the system and what not, any suggestions on an operating system? Please Help!

Thanks
jburfiel
[email protected]

Advertisements

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
everyone should at least experience linux if not use it regularly. if you already have the suse 9.2 disks just stick with that. otherwise ubuntu will mail you a copy for free http://shipit.ubuntu.com but as for suse: just set the boot order in the bios to cdrom, and suse's friendly instaler will guide you through everything. you can use the automatic defaults, or if you are having a good day, try customizing the instalation with different partitioning and the exact packages you want. post here for any more questions regarding questions specific packages. have fun!