Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unreadable GIANT type on some webpages

• Please log in to reply

Brian72

Brian72

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm running Explorer 6.0 and some web pages loade with HUGE type -- only a few letter fit on the screen. This is especially annoying because one of the pages that does this is the Windows Update. Can anyone offer suggestions? Thanks - Brian

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there Brian72, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

I am not exactly sure what you mean about "Type" but I assume "Font". That the font is huge. Try clean out your cache and see what happends.

Cool :whistling:

Let me know

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I think that's unessisairy, however may work as well, but before you do that please try to change the font size by doing the following,
view->text size-> pick the one that fits you best. Also the scroll work well too.

Edit: by scroll i was meaning, click ctrl and then using the scroller on your mouse

Edited by james_8970, 25 March 2006 - 02:58 PM.

Brian72

Brian72

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys!
I have indeed tried to adjust the font size from the view menu. I'm not sure what you mean by cleaning the cache, but I'm willing to try. I do clean up all temp files and so on daily. As for calling this "font," well, the size is so gigantic that only fonts fit for banners would be comparable. What I'm talking about is being able to fit only three of four letters on the screen. Thanks - Brian

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Well Hey there again. here is a good program try and use that:

CleanUP! - Cleans temporary files from IE and Windows, empties the recycle bin and more. Great tool to help speed up your computer and knock out those nasties that like to reside in the temp folders.

So you have tried adjusting your Font size in you browser???

Edit: Sorry now i remeber you are using IE6

Edited by spike_hacker_inc, 26 March 2006 - 09:14 AM.