Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unable to delete unwanted file

• Please log in to reply

sl8a

sl8a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
fantastic 4 preview

thers nowt t hide ???

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
We need to know the file name so that we can idetify the problem. It may be a file linking to another program on the computer that why it wont delete.

There shouldnt be anything to hide, if it is a virus you dont have to feel bad, many people get hit by viruses everyday. With the file name we can also identify if it is a virus or not.

Cool :whistling:

sl8a

sl8a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
i have a nortan anti virus though??

alandemartino

alandemartino

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Hi sl8a,

Uhmm I don't wanna sound dumb, but from what I read I think you didn't use killbox well. When you install it you wont see any "Delete" when you right click on the file. You have to open Killbox and enter the path were the file is located. If that's what you've done and still got the problem, then I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

Alan :whistling:

Edited by alandemartino, 26 March 2006 - 06:11 AM.

sl8a

sl8a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
i did that it says invalid file

Edited by Keith, 27 March 2006 - 04:07 AM.

BlingCr8

BlingCr8

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi All
Long time Reader first time Poster

I am aware that this information is 6 months old but didn't see the below get resolved so thought would post. As a side job I fix peoples computers. I encountered what I believe to be the same problem below and attempted similar solutions posted to get rid of the problem. Rather than explain how I resolved it myself (its taken me two weeks of hunting around on the net for an answer, I do this as I side job I'm not a pro)I will let the link do the talking.
Basically the File concerned had a very long title and had been found on a clients computer whose son had been doing some downloading via Limewire. Download at your own risk, although I used this 3 weeks ago and the client hasn't called me back so I think thats a good sign.

http://www.purgeie.c...elinv/index.htm