Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sreen goes black

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then right click my computer, click properties, hardware, device manager, click + next to CD ROM Drives, are there any yellow marks?

Advertisements

alandemartino

alandemartino

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Nope there aren't any. I think this is the problem of what's happening:

Windows saved user STUDENT-A906EB5\Alan registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

Could that be the problem?

Thanks,
Alan :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I got an error with the link

alandemartino

alandemartino

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
:blink: Yeah me too, I just quoted the error as it was. Seems it is a wrong link. :whistling:

Bigkid

Bigkid

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I was wondering if you had any success in solving your start up problem?
I have exactly the same problem. There are no errors in the event viewer. Just a WARNING.. an error was detected on device cdrom2 during a paging operation.
After about 6 restarts Windows finally boots.
This happens every day but once the PC is running it restarts ok.......

Any suggestions greatfully recieved.