Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer random freeze

• Please log in to reply

Naveb

Naveb

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
hello people,

my computer randomly freezes with no warning. the screen and everything is stuck.

the only way i can fix it is if i go to safe mode (F8 wont work, but by resetting when the win xp logo appears)
and reset when the safe mode is done. it is back to normal but will happen again.

doing via f8 or not doing it all makes all more BIOS info things appear with white streaks and dots of interference on the screen. this is a sign when i know i cant get past the welcome screen as the comp freezes then too.

ive d/l some windows security updates and avg (had no prtection before) and it scanned for viruses. stil got some in the vault though. i recently had the paytime/tool2.exe,etc virus and used avg to get rid (or thought so)of it and tried to delete somes tuff via safe mode.

after avg too care of it i thought it was fixed. but i still got the freeze again. before i thought it was my monitor or grahpics card fault so i updated both of their drivers. however, the problem was not fixed.

what is freezing my computer? is it the viruses? or is it something else?

thanks

Advertisements