Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

floppy disks wont work in my computer

• Please log in to reply

colwill

colwill

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello I was wandering if anyone could help me. Ive just started an ECDL course and for this I need to do a lot of stuff with floppy disks. My tutor gave me a floppy disk with loads of work stuff to me and when I put it in my computer it just says

"THE DISK IN DRIVE A IS NOT FORMATTED. DO YOU WANT TO FORMAT IT NOW. YES NO"

The same floppy disks works in everyone elses computer apart from mine and Ive never been able to open a floppy disk on my computer.

Is anyone able to help?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Most likely a faulty disk drive considering you've never been able to use floppies on that computer.

They can be picked up for literally next to nothing at any computer shop.

colwill

colwill

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for that.

Also we have been having problems with our computer for a while it quite often just turns itself off and when you turn it back on the monitor wont work so you have to turn it off again and then on and then restarting it. This can happen upto about 20 times a day. We have just changed monitors as we thought it had something to do with this but its started happening again. I`m defraging the computer daily and this seems to help a bit.

Any Ideas?