Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hard drive not being detected

• Please log in to reply

fernsy

fernsy

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
hi im havin a little problem tryin to get my bios to detect my hdd, ive already tried the following which almost worked. my mobo is a jetway v4mdmp and i have the awdflash program an the bios on floppy, my hdd is a
SAMSUNG
SP2014N
SAMSUNG - 200GB 7200RPM - HARD DISK DRIVE

1. Download Awdflash.exe file and the correct bios file for your board from our website. The model number printed on your board should match the Product Name exactly!!!

2. Run Awdflash.exe file. To download the file, click here.

3. When the screen shows prompt: File to Program: type the bios file name you downloaded (with the drive name and path).

4. When it asks: Do you want to Save Bios? (Y/N), select NO.

5. When it asks: Are you sure to program? (Y/N), select " YES "

6. Follow the instructions at the bottom of the screen to update the bios.
(NO STAND BY VOLTAGE FROM ATX POWER SUPPLY)

7. If the update is done successfully, the screen will ask you to power down. Power down as the screen says.

8. Power on, press <Del> key to go into "CMOS SETUP UTILITY"

9. Load setup defaults, save and exit setup.

10. Your bios is now updated.

its begins to update it and just as its about to finish it says remove floppy diskette and then nothing and just gives me the option to reset or back to the floppy

Edited by fernsy, 26 March 2006 - 12:49 PM.

Advertisements