Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer Drops

• Please log in to reply

tjamr

tjamr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm running XP and use IE for internet access (via cable - Comcast). For selected web sites for some reason, when I enter the url, I see the screen come up, then about 2 seconds later, Internet explorer disappears, as if I closed it. There are no error messages, it just closes.

I can repeat this on selected sites (I can go to the same sites using my laptop, running same version of xp and ie), hooked up via a DSL line, so I know it is not the site itself). It must be some setting on my desktop computer (settings within internet explorer, or perhaps I have some type of virus/bug, or other that is causing this.

Does anyone have any idea, or anything that I should check, re: settings? Anyone experience a similar problem and found what to do to correct?

Any help would be appreciated. :tazz: Email to [email protected] or post responses. Much thanks.

Advertisements