Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Teredo attempting to connect to Hotmail server

• Please log in to reply

Gogles

Gogles

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi
I have AVG 7.1 plus Firewall on my PC (WinXP SP2) and it is picking up In/Out UDP requests for traffic to 64.4.25.81:3544.
Port 3544 is apparently Teredo traffic related to IPv6 routing but a ping -a search revealed that 64.4.25.81 belongs to server baym-td1.msgr.hotmail.com.
I have no hotmail account, I don't have MS Messanger installed and I find it strange that Hotmail would be running a Teredo server for IPv6 routing.
I am concerned that this could be some kind of spyware or similar.
I currently run AVG as above, Windows Defender and Spy Doctor. Alll are up to date and are currently not showing any viruses/spyware etc.
Has anyone had any problems similar to this, or do you have any comments?
Pete

Sorry, I forgot to mention the traffic requests are coming from a svchost.exe process.

Edited by Gogles, 26 March 2006 - 09:11 PM.

Advertisements