Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BIOS doesn't detect hard drives

• Please log in to reply

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Ok i want a slave so i can run all my games of 1 and the core files on the other but my BIOS only detects 1 hard drive could this be because they both have windows on it as it is out of my old computer. Please help!

Thanks,

Kurt

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi Kurt

No, the contents of a hard drive does not affect whether the bios recognises it or not. The chances are, one or both of the drives have been configured incorrectly.

To start with, make sure that the slave drive is connected to the middle plug on the IDE ribbon cable, with the master at the end.

If you have already done this, then let me know the make & model of both hard drives. This will be printed on the label on the top of each drive.

loadsafuniam

loadsafuniam

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Have you changed the jumpers on the back of the drives, so 1 is master, and 1 is slave... your PC wont detect them if they are both set to master

rumble291

rumble291

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
Thanks, It was the jumpers on both they were set to master lol opps. Thanks again,

Kurt