Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Security Centre not recognising Nod32.

• Please log in to reply

jems

jems

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
When I started up my computer today my windows security centre popped up to say that I have no anti virus software - it is telling me "Eset Nod32 anti virus system 2.50 reprts that it might be out of date."

The thing is Nod32 seems to be working fine - - it is still updating and the scans still run.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then control panel, security centre, change the way security centre alerts me

[attachment=7572:attachment]

Remove the tick for anti virus, click OK and reboot

Replace the tick and click OK

jems

jems

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
thanks.

but why is this happening? do you think there might be a problem with NOD32? is there any way I can check?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
XP is probably being over protective, you can cross check Nod32 with online scans

If you go as far as re-installing Nod32 you still wouldn't know any more than it saying all updates are in place

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
xp security centre has a problem when it comes to detecting certain antivirus products. When I had norton installed, it kept saying I had no antivirus. I replaced it with nod 32 though, but I haven't looked at the security centre since.

if nod 32 is saying that its updated and everything, there's nothing to worry about.