Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slooooow internet and keep getting kicked off

• Please log in to reply

abbadoo7

abbadoo7

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello,

I was recently helped by this website to get a virus off my computer and it worked great! I was wondering thought if you could help me with another problem... My Internet has been realllllly slow at times. and recently I keep getting kicked off or something is wrong with my IP so I have to renew it like many times a day. If there a way you guys can "get into my system" or look at files to see if there are any hidden viruses or to see what is causing these problems? Let me know! thanks

--Abbi

Advertisements

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Hello, In the Malware topic I noticed that there is a part that says:

Preparation
Posted Image If your having trouble connecting to the Internet try running the WinSockFix utility to repair your connection:
WinsockXPFix for Windows XP/2000/NT
Winsock2Fix for Windows 98/98SE/ME

Check that out and see if it helps

Origional post used can be found by clicking HERE

MaxieinMinnesnowta

MaxieinMinnesnowta

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It worked! :whistling: