Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sd /mp3 formatters

• Please log in to reply

zelinski49

zelinski49

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have a memorex mp3/wma player and just bought and sandisk 1gb sd card for it and i put in in the player and it says it needs to be formatted but i already formatted it by going to explore right click on the drive and hit format and when it was done i put like 40 mp3's on it and tryed to play then but it still comes up with "Please reformat the sd card and try again" so please help me

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there zelinski49, welcome to Geeks To Go forums.

Most Mp3 players need drivers to be installed onto your PC, your computer may just be picking it up as a flash drive, so try install drivers that you got with the player. Then let me know if this solved your problem.

Cool :whistling:

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
You shouldn't format an SD Card in windows unless the manual says you can. I have had this problem with a few SD Cards before and they have ended up nackered. There is probably a program you can download that formats the cards.

On your MP3 player, (look in the manual) you should find an option that will format the SD Card on the actual player, this stops any damage being done, and works almost every time.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
You may want to check you system specs for your MP3 player. Its not often that you find one that can use a card that big. My brother has a memorex and it can only take a 512 mb card.

Also, you should check for a format feature on the MP3 player itself, rather than formatting it through windows.

ScHwErV :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
on the memorex site....it says to be sure to format the SD card as FAT not FAT32...which did you choose to format the card?