Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Going crazy with msconfig/task mgr./sp2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
georgialady

I need to begin the next steps in cleaning your computer by asking you about three programs that you have installed.

The first is PCBodyGuard. I have never heard of it and everyone that I ask has never heard of it. One thing that I do know is that it will stop us from continueing with the fix because it will try to stop us from making the changes necessary.

The next one is Omniquad Total Security. This is another one that I have never heard of, but it is not on the list of suggested applications. It is on the short list of those who are not necessarily bad, but also not suggested that you can see here. Since this one also seems to have protective properties, it will also need to be dealt with before we can continue.

The last one is Microsoft Anti-Spyware. I do not recommend the use of this software to users yet because it is still in beta and microsoft has some kinks to work out yet. Should you decide to continue using this software, it will still need to be disabled in order for us to continue cleaning your computer.

In my opinion, there are better applications available for free that I can help you set up after we are sure that your computer is clean. The first two, I would suggest removing. The last one, I will let you decide. If you do decide to keep any of these softwares, they will at least need to be disabled before we can continue.

After you decide what to do, please make the changes and then reboot and post a fresh HiJackThis log.

ScHwErV :tazz:

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending a Staff Member a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

ScHwErV :tazz: