Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My website wont load in Firefox

• Please log in to reply

bigpato

bigpato

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi there, Im desperate for some help.
I recently set up a webpage in Microsoft FrontPage and although it works fine in Internet explorer, I have been told that it doesnt display properly when viewing it in Firefox.
Is there an easy solution to this problem?
Any advice would be muchly appreciated.
Many thanks
Matthew Paton

http://www.aroundsaigon.com

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi:

For one thing, my FF web tools are showing about 218 warnings! This is more than enough to confuse any browser as to how to parse a page. :whistling:

I will be doing a real estate site soon which involves stripping out all the FrontPage code to make it somewhat compatible with several browsers. I would suggest you try validating your page with the Include Source box checked and you'll see all the problems:

The W3C Markup Validation Service

I validated your page and: "Result: Failed validation, 292 errors" was the result.

Try correcting the errors if at all possible or use a different editor. There are several good and free WYSIWYG Editors (NVU for one) that will write decent code.

Ron