Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Administrators Rights in XP

• Please log in to reply

christian

christian

• Pip
  • 1 posts
<_<

:D :D :P

all of the above !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am trying to remove the brilliant bit if genius that has made my laptop useless.

Can anyone tell me how to remove a 'administrator' from XP when a 'higher rated user' can block anything that a nomal user does, hopefully without having to reformat the hard-drive and start again ? its a bit like this, while trying to be a genius, i have some how created a 'higher rated user' turned off any access to anything my 'normal' sign on and do, without writing down a single password, after having a consumed a bottle of red wine.

Christian[/B][COLOR=blue]

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
First try booting in safe mode and log in as root "Administrator". Unless you've created a password for this account, you shouldn't need one to log on. Once logged on you can change the permissions of the other accounts.

If you can't access the root admin account, here's a link that allows you to reset the admin password: http://home.eunet.no...d/bootdisk.html

However, if you have any encrypted files you won't be able to access them after using this method.