Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AutoCAD Machine

• Please log in to reply

EVA00

EVA00

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello there

i have been charged with building a AutoCAD machine at work which can support and comfortably run AutoCAD 2007

the budget is not fixed so it pure guess work at what we can afford so i am looking at two specs, one spec which is the minimum and one dream machine.

if anyone out there can give me a hand by providing me with full specifications costs and if you need to concentrate more on the processor or the graphics.

Kind regards

EVA00

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
HEHE, if we gave you the full specs we would be doing your job for you we can help thouh and point you in the right direction, if we do everything for everyone no one learns anything and they keep coming back.

Autocad is a fairly intenisve program, youll want a dual core AMD or Intel CPU either is not a huge difference other than AMD is cheaper both will run it well.

Memory your gonna want at least a gigabyte preferably two, and a good monitor and a good mouse with a high sensitivity and dpi(probably a gaming one).

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what version of autocad 2007...LT , Inventor, mechanical desktop?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://usa.autodesk....3112&id=5127273 deffinitely click on the "suggested graphics card list" ...they are very particular with their cards..

EVA00

EVA00

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

thanks for your responce you had suggested what i was pretty much thinking.

as i was going with

ASUS A8N32-SLI 939 motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400 processor
ASUS 256Mb 6600GT Graphics card
OCZ 2Gb DDR400 RAM
Western Digital Raptor Hard Drive
Hiper Type R 580w PSU
and probably a Thermaltake Case

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I wouldnt get a 6600GT for anything (to expensive for what it is) but for autocad you want one of the quadro or firegl cards that are specailised 2d cards, check out the list of cards in the link you got above.

I would go for a diffferent mobo, you dont need an SLI and i wouldnt get an ASUS either way usually, Abit ,MSI or DFI and just get a plain NF4 Ultra motherboard that way you get the extra PCI slot as well.