Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Stop Task Panel Install

• Please log in to reply

rbrowning

rbrowning

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Everytime I boot up, Windows Installer trys to dowload something into Task Panel. The file location it is looking for no longer exists (probably something I deleted). Currently I have to just hit cancel to get out of it - it comes up about 5-6 times.

How can I get this to stop?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
did you used to use earthlink for your internet access?

rbrowning

rbrowning

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have MCI DSL - - they might be using Earthlink as the ISP. My internet seems to be working ok - and I get my e-mail. I use to have an application that came woith the service, but I deleted it - it was interfering with my DSL router and USB 2.0 card (new).

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
through a brief search task panel can be related to an earthlink software....how did you remove the program you said you removed dealing with mci?

rbrowning

rbrowning

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have had some computer problems - and I deleted some files and folders. I probably deleted these files also. The file that it is looking for no longer exists, and I have no idea where to redirect it - so I just hit cancel.

I still have MCI DSL service.

rbrowning

rbrowning

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
It appears it has something to do with an application called Total Access - an MCI tool for DSL - - I deleted this.

Any suggestions?

rbrowning

rbrowning

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Will someone please help - - - there has to be a way to cancel this install each time I reboot - I just don't know how.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
try reinstalling that total access software...then uninstall it the correct way through add/remove programs

rbrowning

rbrowning

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I don't have the application any more.