Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Questions on RAM and graphics card

• Please log in to reply

Gamerlicious

Gamerlicious

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
I know this is a stupid question, but as I am not all knowing when it comes to PCs I must ask. My new computer has two 512 MB DDR RAM PC 3200. My old computer had two 512 MB DDR RAM PC 2700. Can I add the old RAM to my new computer for more RAM or is it slower RAM and not worth it? Are the two even compatible?

Other question.
Out of my 1024 MB of RAM I only get 896 because 128 MB integrated. Would I be better off sticking with the Geforce 6100 that's in my pc now which would leave me at 896 MB RAM. Or would I be better off putting my old Geforce 5200 256 MB graphics card in and getting the whole 1024 MB of RAM?

Probably both dumb questions, but help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there Gamerlicious, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

If I am correct and you install your 512 MB DDR RAM PC 2700 with your 512 MB DDR RAM PC 3200, they will work. But your PC3200 will stop running at high speeds and drop to PC2700.

Your second question I cant really answer I never actaully worked with a 6100. But someone else around the forums with knowledge of this card will let you know.

If you want any more information dont hesistate to aks. Cool :whistling: