Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ultimate problem!

• Please log in to reply

Fakeor

Fakeor

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hey!

I got a really big problem with my computer!

Computer info:
AMD Sempron 64 3000+ CPU (Socket 754)
256MB GeForce 6200 graphicscard, TV Out/DVI
NVIDIA nForce3

---

First of all, i were thinking of overclocking it(my computer), but it was another kind of bios system than what i'm used to!

I saw it was at 200 mhz or something, so i took it up to max(250mhz), and another thing up to 100 maxed(50 normal)!
And the frequency, well, i took i up to 5x from 4x!

Then i restarted the comp, after saving of course!
Then, tadaa, the computer would turn itself on, but nothing on the screen!

EDIT: Sry if this topic was on the wrong subforum, but i dunno where else i could post it! And sry for my someway bad english!

(the 'S' button sux at this keyboard, so its not allways it will show up)

Could u guys please help me with this problem?!!! I really want it to work, kind of idiotic by me, a new comp, and now it wont work!

:whistling: :blink: :) :help: :)

PLEASE! Is it possible to fix this, or do i have to wait?

Edited by Fakeor, 01 April 2006 - 06:42 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Boot the PC and keep tapping the delete key until you get set upoptions, look for and load BIOS defaults, press F10 to save then type Y then press enter

If no change

Boot the PC and keep tapping F8 until you get options, choose safe mode with networking, if it loads re-install the video adapter drivers

It could be the monitor setting, so when the PC is off, switch the monitor off, then on so you can see the standby light

If you get it to load, post a new topic here

http://www.geekstogo...hp?showforum=27

Ask what's possible according to the system you have

Fakeor

Fakeor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Well, ok, i posted a new topic there!
Nothing will work unless i get the monitor to work/light up!

Chris@hawkpc

Chris@hawkpc

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Load standard defaults in the bios.

Chris@hawkpc

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
It sounds like you have an aftermarket motherboard. You say the it does not even POST (power-on self-test), so, you will have to reset the BIOS to factory defaults manually. Look in the motherboard manual - there will be a diagram showing the layout of the connectors on the motherboard. There will be a 3 or 3-pronged stakepin header labeled something like "CMOS" or "CMOS Reset". Open the case and locate this small connector - it will have a small plastic jumper installed on it. While the computer is shut down move the jumper from the 2 pins it is located on to the opposite 2 pins. Now, move it back to the original 2 pins. Turn the power back on - the computer should now POST. You may have to go into the BIOS and make a couple of adjustments such as the time/date and device boot order.

This should be a "learning experience" and a warning to approach overclocking very carefully.