Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop Background on Two monitors *Low Priority*

• Please log in to reply

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Hi all!

I have recently bought a second monitor, now I am using 2 monitors, I'm using one for my primary, and one for my extended desktop. I noticed that if you change the background in display properties, it changes the background on both screens to that. I'm not too bothered, I'm just pretty sure I have seen somebody before use 2 different backgrounds on either monitor, I'd like to do that too. Just want to know first if it is possible, if so... How?

Advertisements

SuperSam

SuperSam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
I know its low priority but I would like to know...

Thx.

bazcor

bazcor

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ithink it's done by joining the two desktops together in a graphics editing program and then using the finished grapic as the dektop background.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Could you define that please?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
there's a method (sorry i don't know how exactly...but if you give me the make and model of graphix card...i'll try to find a manual) to have two completely seperate desktops instead of doing the extended desktop deal...i think it also ends up coming with multiple start menus as well...

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
what Bazcor says makes sence, and its a quick way to do it.

His idea is to join both images you want into 1, so it'd be the size of , by example, for me, 2048*768 ( I also have 2 monitors, been using them scince early october )

The only thing I cant see though is how you'd make windows understand to display only 1 picture for both desktops