Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

An issue with startup

• Please log in to reply

tsenga

tsenga

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Xp restarted itself, then it brought me to the reformatting window, and if i did anything other than that it restarted so i reformatted.
Then it failed,

Now i reinstalled windows, but i get a BSOD when i login normally

Safe mode works fine,

the problem with the BSOD though is it flashes for a second before restarting so theres no time to see the problem.

Tried the repair deal, posted in the signiture, but now it just shows the XP proffesional logo with please wait underneath it, been this way for awhile now.

~ Now i'm back to the point of the flash of the BSOD
~ Still can boot in safe mode too.
~ checked event vwr
only error that shows ~

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Cannot obtain the collection 'Applications' from the COM+ catalog [0x80040154].

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

Edited by tsenga, 09 April 2006 - 01:54 PM.

Advertisements

tsenga

tsenga

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Fresh new update! missing or corrupt file windows\32 hal.dll
Doesnt even get to start up now :whistling:

Fixed this,

now we're back to the flash of BSOD

Safe mode works fine.

summary~
windows works in safe mode,
upon using normal mode, the start up is slow and instatly restarts
but before restarting it flashes a BSOD with no time to read the issue.
~ figured i'd clarify the situation/

Edited by tsenga, 09 April 2006 - 05:20 PM.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Looks like your OS got screwed up. Time to repair Windows XP. You will need an XP CD in order to do this. Use the following link to accurately do the repair. Don't do the repair any other way!: http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

If you have problems, here is an alternate way to repair XP:

Alternate XP Repair Method

Windows XP repair feature won't delete your data, installed programs, personal information, or settings. It just repairs the operating system. After running XP Repair you will need to install all Windows Updates

Microsoft Update

tsenga

tsenga

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Well, after method 1, success in logging on in normal mode, but my graphic drivers and..sound arnt here...time to reinstall them, we'll see how it goes.

ty so far.

tsenga

tsenga

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
K back to the way it was,
installed nvidia 7800 bfd driver

restarted

then

the realtek audio bus drver i installed.

now its back to the way it was, restarting with a BSOD flash.

still able to load in safe mode.

I have also attached a hijack this file incase too.

event viewer errors include:

App:
source: eventsystem
The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007043C from line 44 of d:\nt\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

App:
source: VSS
Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance. hr = 0x80040206.

system
source: service control manager
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
Fips
Processor
ShldDrv

NOTICE:
A habit of being able to restart about twice has occured when i've reinstalled/fixed an OS since this has started. might be cause it so happens to be te second time round is when i do that somthing but, still . i can restart the first time is what it seems.

Attached Files

Edited by tsenga, 09 April 2006 - 07:44 PM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Assuming you reinstalled/repaired XP correctly I would try the following: Disconnect the computer from the wall socket, open the box, take out carefully the round silvery battery which keeps cmos user parameters, leave it out for 20 minutes, reinstall and restart. You will get a note about checksome error. Set time and date, restart normally.

A question: Did you perform clean installation of XP? meaning: did you perform a full (not quick) format of the partition on which XP is installed? This is important because if you did it correctly then the problem is most probably a hardware one or a corrupted XP disk.

tsenga

tsenga

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have no idea where this silver battery is, i looked around took stuff off, no sign of one :/ but then again i wouldnt exactly know what it looks like.

With the Xp deal i did the repair function, like it said in the reair deal. not the partition deal.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i would uninstall the sound drivers and see if you can boot without the BSOD...also

In safe mode:

Right click MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES, choose ADVANCED, choose the SETTINGS button in the Startup And RECOVERY section, and uncheck AUTOMATICALLY RESTART

Now reboot. This should result in the BSOD error...report the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

tsenga

tsenga

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Alright here we go,
your normal computer shut down to protect stuff etc, check this and that to make sure bios is up to date ... then...

tech info:

Stop 0x0000007E (0xC0000005,0x80565ccf,0xF7c465D8, 0xF7C462D8)

alot of the posts i read about ths one point toward taking out recent hardware, i havnt added anyting for over 3 months, in january i got a new graphics card was the newest, and its been fine till now.

or

mishandled strings. Not sure what error that could be :/

Edited by tsenga, 10 April 2006 - 04:31 PM.

tsenga

tsenga

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
K everything seems to be working,

i defragged, and for some reason its working X_x

it only moved a couple folders....

and my hard drive was FAAAAAR from full.

i dunno really, i'll post tommorow on the status, ty for the help so far =)

Advertisements