Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hardware monitoring software

• Please log in to reply

jimfu2

jimfu2

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi,
My computer seems to be working fine but I am a little bit confused and don't know if I should be concerned or not. The problem is that a friend of mine gave me some hardware monitoring software named Aida. I have ran the software and it is telling me that my +12v is only putting out +5.89v. I know that this can't be true otherwise the pc would not run. I asked the guy at the local computer store and he mumbled something and told me to install the monitoring software that came with my motherboard. So I have installed the software that came with my mother board and it to is telling me the same thing but now an alarm is sounding. Has anyone got any ideas as to what might be the cause of these readings being so irregular. Could I have possibly wired something up wrong when I built the machine. I built this pc about 12 months ago and have not had one problem with it and still have not had a problem apart form these dodgy readings. Should I be concerned?
Mother board: MSI 925XE Neo Platinum
CPU: P4 3.4GHz PJ50
Power Suply: Thermaltake: 450W Brand New (I changed ps when I first got dodgy voltage reading)
Can someone please advise me as to what I should do.
Thanks a lot
Jim :whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you post the log from Everest so someone can look at it

jimfu2

jimfu2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi Keith
Please find attatched a copy of my everest log. Report 2 is the sensor report.
Thanks a lot
Jim

Attached Files

Edited by jimfu2, 02 April 2006 - 01:39 AM.