Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Does anyone know why my processor speed keeps changing?

• Please log in to reply

hgrl00

hgrl00

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Everytime I turn on my notebook I find that my processor speed is never consistent. When I go to "My Computer" and right click on the icon I can see that my processor speed is at 1.5 Ghz, then it may change to 512Mhz-777Mhz within seconds. Does anyone know why this happens?? It's driving me nuts!

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there hgrl00 welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

I have never tried this before, but this may work.

Try setting your BIOS settings to default (Write down the settings you may need)

It sounds like something is overclocking your PC, do you have any overclocking programs??? I suggest you remove any if you have.

Let me know how things go. Cool :whistling:

BigBluOx

BigBluOx

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Many notebook PC's, especially newer one's adjust processor speed for power-saving. You will notice this more if you're running on battery or if you switch between AC power and battery. :whistling: