Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

delted Norton and Symantec

• Please log in to reply

maradei

maradei

• PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
While getting rid of the blackworm/winfixer problem (with owlnt) I removed the Norton program I had on m computer which had expired.I may have also removed the symantec program (i dont even know what that is or if theyre related).I followed the instruction on the "you must read this before.." and have edwio ect now.Just wondering if I screwed up......... :whistling:
Thanking you in advance,
Mark

Advertisements

alandemartino

alandemartino

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Hi maradei,

Those you removed were anti-viruses most probably. If your system is running without an anti-virus, get one as soon as possible because it is very unsafe to run a pc without an anti-virus! I reccomend AVG, it's a very good anti-virus and it's free too. You can download it from here.

Alan :whistling:

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
i second what alandemartino however if you hve any additional questions regarding this please ask them under your malware removal topic and the guy who helped you out, ought to help you there as this isn't the correct place to ask for this information. http://www.geekstogo...ic=105734&st=15 if you don't know.
thanx
James

Edited by james_8970, 02 April 2006 - 03:20 PM.

maradei

maradei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Thanks done.Do I need this to load in my system tray everytime I start like it is now or can I just have it avalible to run once a week.I ask so I can allow the computer to start up quicker.BTW if I dont need it in the tray how do I remove it from there
Thanking you in advance,
Mark

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
you should have it in your system tray all the time. It will protect you from any viruses you may come across while downloading files or browsing web pages. AVG does not use much resources and will hardly slow your computer down at all