Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox / WMP 10 problems

• Please log in to reply

bradiac

bradiac

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have just bought a new computer. When using firefox (I have the most updated software) I cannot watch videos because it says I do not have the most updated Windows Media Player, but I do and it runs fine just not through firefox. I cannot seem to get it to work even after uninstalling and reinstalling firefox. I am also running adaware, spybot, and Avg if that makes any difference. Thanks a lot in advance![b]

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Try installing the plug-in for Firefox:

Firefox Plugins

Ron

bradiac

bradiac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I already have; that is just the WMP 10 right. I found on the link you gave me and it was just the program itself ; should I be looking for something else? Thanks

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Someone else may have an idea. I just noted on some videos that it would play with the FF plugin although I also had the latest Media player installed.

I still seem to have the same problem using FF on MSNBC.com's video. It tells me to use Internet Explorer instead for viewing the video and then brings up the Media Player. Go figure! :whistling:

Some of the more experienced in this area will be around to help. Sorry I wasn't able to.

Ron

xxx1

xxx1

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
if everything on your pc is up to date, why not use IE?..

cheers...xxx1

bradiac

bradiac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I don't use IE cause FF has better blocking capabilities and it all worked fine on my last computer

Thanks for everything Major

Can anyone else help

Gamerlicious

Gamerlicious

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
I also have a problem with videos on some websites not playing when I use FF. I have all of the newest plug-ins. Then when I try the same video in opera or IE it works. FF is my prefered browser, but I'm getting sick of it not playing videos on some websites.