Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Task Manager

• Please log in to reply

brusky02

brusky02

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I was just wondering if anyone could give me some help my computer windows task manager is disabled and i was just wondering if anyone could lead in the right direction

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there brusky02, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

When you say your task manager is disabled, do you mean it says "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"

This problem may have been caused by programs like "Folder Lock". But before I can give you the fix. I need to know if this is the error message that is coming up.

Cool :whistling:

surfer99

surfer99

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
first thing i could think off without more info, ei do you get error messages etc?

try pressing "windows key"+"R" (or go to start menu - Run)

then try to run "taskmgr" without the quotationmarks.

brusky02

brusky02

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks for the support guys but anyway spike_hacker_inc the windows task manager has been disable by the adminstrator and i was going to the registry edit to enable it but the regedit is disabled by the admin too so if u can give me any help and by the way its my mother comp so no tellin what she did

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Ok there brusky02, goto:

> Start
> Run
> Type this in:

"REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f"

Couldnt fit it into 1 line but this should all be inside the run console (Without quotes)

Let me know if this works. Then we can go about re-enabling you regedit

Cool :whistling:

brusky02

brusky02

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks for the help spike_hacker_inc but i just created a new login administrator and deleted the old one and now everything works fine thanks for the input

Brusky02