Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Got this BENQ thingie, now what?

• Please log in to reply

andrialyn

andrialyn

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi Guys :help:
Your always so helpful, so now here I am again :whistling: I have some video clips I wanted to burn on a DVD and after learning that I couldn't do that on my comp, I started looking around for a DVD burner. Well my mom bidded on one on E-bay, without reading that it was internal, and the seller was "really grumpy" and so she just bought it. So here I am with this BENQ Model # DW1620. Obviously I am going to have to take off the side panel and install this...? Hmmm. Which drive would be good to replace this with? The DVD-rom. Thats what I'm thinking, or the CD-writer? Sorry I feel like an idiot, but I may, ok I need some help and suggestions. Thanks :blink:

Advertisements

greatmightypoo

greatmightypoo

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I would replace the CD-RW drive because the DW1620 is capable of burning CD's as well. It's basically a matter of preference if you want a DVD/CD burner and a CD burner or a DVD/CD burner and a DVD reader.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
I think you should replace the drive that you use the least. i.e most people do not watch DVDs on their computers much as they often have standalone DVD Player hooked up the TV. If this is true for you, then replace the DVD drive, as the DVD Writer will play DVDs anyway. Also, DVD Writers are not always as reliable at burning CDs as CDRW drives.

andrialyn

andrialyn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Oh well, I started to try and install it and ended up calling someone to do it for me! I would hate to have been responsible for messing this computer up! :help:
Now I have Win DVD creater installed and am trying to figure out how to burn my clips onto the DVD. Heh. I thought I knew a decent amount about computers but I have no idea what I am doing here. :whistling: If I can even figure out the questions I need to ask, then I may be back around, cause y'all are awesome! :blink: but for now I will just mess around and see what comes of it.
Thanks