Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video card to run Oblivion when it comes out...

• Please log in to reply

ignorant1

ignorant1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I bought Oblivion two weeks ago and I have yet to enjoy it- and it's really starting to bother me! You can imagine my surprise when it told me it didn't want to play (Intel 82915GV integrated video)! Does anyone have recommendations for a moderate upgrade (<$700 total) based on the following specs so I can join in the fun? (I know, I shouldn't have bought a Compaq either but you can say it anyway!)

Computer: Compaq Presario SR1020T

mobo: ASUS PTGD-LA (Has anyone found documentation for this? I can't even find it on the ASUS website!)
--- 3 PCI, no AGP/PCIe

CPU: 2.93 P4, 256 MB RAM (I intend to upgrade to 2GB)

Windows XP Media Center SP2

Thanks for your help...

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
does it have pci express or agp for video? If it has one or the other will depend on our recommendations.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Less than $700 is a heavy upgrade, you can get a high end for that much. And there is no way integrated graphics can run anything but solitaire these days. Check out the ATI Radeon X1900XT or the nVidia equivilant and you should be in Oblivion infatuation in the near future.