Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HijackThis Log HELP!

• Please log in to reply

Lari

Lari

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I need help, it is urgent since I have really important information that I need to access as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!

The day before yesterday the computer restarted due to a power loss or something like that, my mom said that there was a power failure and the computer started acting funny, it would restart over and over again, looping.... so I unchecked the option "Automatic Restart" and it stopped doing that.

Ok here we go...

Problems:

* After this I was so happy because it didn't turn off, restart or crashed... How stupid.... I should have known better.... OK this morning it crashed, i have to point out, i remained on and working for a long time 5:00 pm till next day.

* TODAY. i tried to run AVG anti virus and it crash (BLUE SCREEN), also if I transfer files trough the network to get the most important files burned to a cd (because I have NO BACKUP) it freezes

* If I turn it off by unpluging the cable, then I am usually able to log into windows after I cancel the scan it tries to perform.... Now, I don't let it start because it gets stuck there and nothing happens

* If I restart the computer manually then it tries to boot from the CD because it says it can't boot from C drive

* If I insert WIN XP and try to reinstal windows or at least fix what its wrong with it, then it complains that it can't find a hard disk and that the installation has to terminate

* Then I started having problems with the profiles, it says that it is corrupt as well as other windows files.

* Now windows created another profile, but I can still see the data I had i just have to look for it on the disk

* I tought that the fan was not working and that the computer was overheating, but I don't think so since it has been on and running some tests to the memory so far 30 minutes or more... I am using the Ultimate Boot CD, I downloaded it from http://www.ultimatebootcd.com

* The good thing is that all the iformation is still there, I already checked and I am almost sure I don't need to format to get rid of whatever this thing is. The bad thing is that I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO! hehe HELP!

Hope someone can help me, this is the HijackThis log (sorry I forgot to add it):

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:52:09 PM, on 4/3/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1142820887\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\devldr32.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\ARMAND~1.LUI\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1142820887\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: j2 DllCmd 4.0.lnk = C:\Program Files\j2 Messenger 4.0\J2GDllCmd.exe
O4 - Global Startup: j2 Tray Menu 4.0.lnk = C:\Program Files\j2 Messenger 4.0\J2GTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {A662DA7E-CCB7-4743-B71A-D817F6D575DF} (Autodesk DWF Viewer Control) - http://www.autodesk....ViewerSetup.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn...pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {E7C44C86-0CD3-11D2-9311-00A0247A4E65} (J Walk ActiveX Client Control) - http://www.regalcorp...alkX/JWalkX.cab
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe

THANK YOU GUYS...Oh by the way I am new

Larissa

Advertisements

seedless

seedless

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hemmm. nothing unusual with the hijack report, try using a Live Cd like Morphix to get into your computer and back up all your stuff to Cds before the problem gets anymore worse.

Lari

Lari

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
too late I can't get into windows, it tries to boot from the disk drive, which I don't have and if I had it, the A: drive doesn't work

:whistling: I guess the computer is pretty much dead

I can't get into Safe mode either it freezes, at least that happened with Safe Mode, but I am assuming it will happen with Safe mode with command prompt and everything else I try.

This is so sad!

Lari

Lari

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I will let you know if I was able to do something with this problem.

Thank You very much for all your help :whistling:

Larissa

seedless

seedless

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
hey man cheer up I may not be a expert but I have had problems jest like you.

so you don't have a CD DRIVE RIGHT?

Lets take this step buy step and hope we can find sum way into solving this hemm. So your computer is basically not responding I see. Have you saved your data?

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Hi, could you do something to help us read your situation better, can you download, perhaps not with this computer then, a simple free program called sysspecs, being stand alone there is nothing to install, just put it on a USB stick or burn it to a CD, Once done, doubleclick on its icon, press scan and paste the resulting log here. link is:

http://www.alexnolan...are/sysspec.htm

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Ah, your reply of comp death came after I had posted, sorry. Can you still get into the bios though? Will changing the boot sequence help? What kind of comp are we dealing with then? What level death are we talking about, for example, comp on with some warning like "I am staying in bed today"?

Edited by fleamailman, 03 April 2006 - 11:59 PM.

Lari

Lari

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I am gonna search for that program right now, ummmmmm yes I have CD ROM drive I do not have A: the floppy but CD-ROM wroks fine

seedless

seedless

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
It's Not dead she jest feels like its un Salvageable

Lari

Lari

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
haha awwww guys I'm still sad, haha the [bleep] PC is not gonna work... I have no faith left

Advertisements

seedless

seedless

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Ok I need you to do this lari.

Go here http://www.frozentec...tent/livecd.php

Download the SLAX Live CD Burn it to a CD put the CD in your CD DRIVE this CD will act like a operating system and will load your computer from there highly recommend that you use the free cd burner program it comes with to save all the data you can. I will be here for a wile so if you need help with the live cd feel free to leave a post

Edited by seedless, 03 April 2006 - 11:57 PM.

Lari

Lari

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I'm not sure if I get into the BIOS, haha I don't even want to turn it on again, haha cuz its gonna make me cry

Lari

Lari

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
ok I'm gonna download the SLAX right now

seedless

seedless

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
you know how to burn ISO'S to a CD right ?

Lari

Lari

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
YES SIR :whistling:

Ummm question I can't find SLAX LIVE CD

They only have:
SLAX DESKTOP / OS REPLACEMENT
SLAX Frodo Edition
SLAX KillBill Edition
SLAX Popcorn Edition