Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

oblivion has more chop than an old kung fu movie

• Please log in to reply

kamagte

kamagte

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok, :blink: plz. i purchaced Oblivion for my demension 3000, its not exactly uber but it gets me by.. but oblivion called for a new gfx card so i went and got the Nvidia Geforce 5500 256mb, processor : intel pentium 4 2.80 ghtz. my ram : 1gig. again not uber but more than the minimum requirements. i get mega chop, opening screen loads frame by frame with about a 1 second delay, then the actual game screen is fine before you go to play game. but once you go to character creation, its nearly frozen, i have all the settings turned to minimum and still get this problem. im going to defrag right now but i doubt it helps. i have the newest beta nvidia driver installed, but it didnt seem to help me either. if you can give me a hand ill dance at your wedding :whistling:

Advertisements

Seven!

Seven!

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Ugh, don't go with beta drivers! They're in beta for a reason!

I owned a Chaintech Geforce FX 5500 (AGP) for quite a while, and I'm pretty confident that it should handle Oblivion at 800x600 with all the settings on low. It played Doom3 at 1024x768 decently.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello kamagte and welcome to G2G!

Update your hardware drivers (motherboard chipset, sound, graphics), close all unnecessary background tasks, lower the resolution and detail settings etc etc..