Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

aim problems

• Please log in to reply

filmflamcam

filmflamcam

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i cannot get my aim to work.... everytime i sign on, it lets me sign on, it shows me my buddies... but when i go to send an im a prompt comes up that says: aim.exe has generated errors and will by closed by windows. restart and try again.. and then it closes it up i tried deleting the aim program i had and then install ing a new one but it does the same thing.. i tried looking at the aim website, but they don't have anything on that.. i think that's more internal... such as maybe a windows problem? i've seen that prompt before for other apps but it usually works afterwards but not with aim... can anyone help me? i really miss my friends and aim is the only way i can talk to a lot of them...

thanks
cam

Advertisements

senshisteph

senshisteph

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
If you can't get AIM to work why not try one of the multi-protocol IM clients like Trillian or Gaim? You will be able to use either of those to sign into AIM and most other IM services - for instance I use Gaim to sign into AIM, MSN, Yahoo, and ICQ simultaneously.

JaW22

JaW22

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Gaim is probably the best program out there. I use it as well. Absolutely amazing. In addition to the fact that it supports all types of messengers, it is just flat out nice and sleek. TOTALLY Recommend getting Gaim!!!

Larter9692

Larter9692

• Pip
  • 1 posts
the same exact thing happens to me! its really annoying. it only does it on this computer. any other computer its normal. i just want to know how to make it normal again. please help. im not ery good at the computer. but i have unistalled AIM, then reinstalled it, and it doesnt work. byt the way, this is my normal AIM screename, but obviusly u cant IM me cuz ,y stupid im thing closes after i try to im, or someone trys to im me. man this sux!

A person w/ a problem

dawnmg

dawnmg

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys -

I was in the same boat til today, and now I am soooo happy to say that my AIM works perfect again! It's been driving me crazy for a long time now... I've done the whole 'uninstall' 'reinstall', ran tons of different spyware programs, etc. I started using the AIM Express for a while, but that didn't even work correctly all the time. I actually fixed AIM by accident. I had to recreate an Exchange profile on my laptop b/c they changed something on the server level here at work a while back. I had been procrastinating about creating a new proflie on my laptop, but once I did, all was fixed. Long story short, I think my profile may have been corrupt. Try to recreate your user profile and see what happens. After I recreated my profile, I logged in as Administrator, copied my old profile over to my new profile, then logged in with my new profile. One more thing, they block AIM on our firewall, so I always have to dial-up in order to get my IM to work. I hope this helps!!!

:tazz: