Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Using regular expressions in vb.net

• Please log in to reply

brlogo

brlogo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I need some help, I need input a password into a text box, but insted of the letters showing up I need * to pop up as the user types. It needs to be done with regular expressions, but i can work with whatever anyone gives me. it should be done with the regex command. also, if anyone knows how to access data bases well from vb i will be looking for some info on that as well.

it will look something like this on the form

User Password |*******| the * are masked charicters the user typed in.

thanks!!

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Hi brlogo,
You dont need to use regular expressions to mask the password characters. .NET provides the feature for both Windows and Web Apps.
  • For Windows Apps:
    Just set the PasswordChar property to *, in the properties window for that particular textbox.
  • For Web Apps:
    There are two ways, one using the standerd Web Server controls, other using the input Password HTML control and converting to a server control.
  • If you use Web Server Control's Textbox, just change the TextMode property to Password
  • Just use the HTML input password control and convert it to a server control.
What qustions related to Database do you have?

Edited by darth_ash, 05 April 2006 - 01:11 AM.