Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Steam error,No Half-life 2 for over 6 month's now!

• Please log in to reply

hyde21

hyde21

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:whistling: I get these 2 error messages when trying to connect to Steam.

Steam-Error

1.Unable to connect to the Steam network. 'Offline mode' is unavailable because there is no Steam login information stored on this computer.You will not be able to use Steam until you can connect to the Steam network again.To check the status of the Steam network please visit --Steampowered.com/status

2.Steam error(main exception)unable to load library Steam.Dll.

What can I do. Everything on Steam's forum I have already tried. Also have been through their knowledge base. I e-mailed them, but they keep saying it is the firewall or Clientregistry.blob. I have a freshly formatted harddrive with XP, Half-life 1+2, and Steam only installed.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
can you successfully login to steam?

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
u have to reinstall steam. I had to delete everything to do with steam and then install it again

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Have you checked your router ports make sure the steam ports are open.