Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wirless network printing problem

• Please log in to reply

Lowie99

Lowie99

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi there.

Can anyone out there help me as this has been driving me crazy for days,

I have a netgear wireless router linked to a PC via USB which has an Epson RX620 printer attached to it. Also attached to the wireless router is a Toshiba laptop connnected via ethernet.

The problem is my work (Dell) laptop which I access via a secure wireless connection (WEP).Everythiing was working fine until a few days ago until suddenly I can't print from the Dell laptop over the network.

The host PC attached via USB prints fine as does the Toshiba laptop attached via ethernet.

I have tried to delete and add the printer and until a few days ago I could not even browse for the printer, I ran the network setup (which I am not sure whether I was meant to do) and then i could suddenly see the printer through MSHOME workgroup. I can therefore find and add the printer from the Dell and can see other files on the PC. The problem is that when I try and print something it does not spool.

To date I have tried the following

1) all Windows firewalls set up to accept file and print sharing
2) printer set up to share
3) I seem to be able to ping in all directions (except from the dell to the Toshiba which times out?)
4) Run network setup wizard on all 3 computers (which maybe I shouldn't have)

I hope that there is someone out there who can help and that I have provided enough information.

Thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
On the laptop, click start, printers and faxes, right click the printer, click printing preferences, click maintenance, click speed and progress, click monitoring, tick monitor shared printers, click apply

Lowie99

Lowie99

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Thanks for getting back to me!

You took me to a place I had not been before but unfortunately the shared monitor box was already ticked!

I appreciate your help!

Lowie99

Lowie99

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
YOU DID IT!!

You said to click laptop which was already ticked but the host pc box was unticked AND IT NOW WORKS!!!

I cannot believe that I could not find that support anywhere on the web. It is failry well hidden!!

Thanks so much for your help!! The sun is at last shining!!

:whistling: