Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No internet-access after removing ZLOB trojan

• Please log in to reply

nOinternet

nOinternet

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi, I'm not the quickest when it comes to figuring out how to fix bigger than easy-to-spot threats. I've been getting some help on removing a trojan i got 9 days ago on the forums on spywareinfo.com. My problem is that I cannot get internet access at all when running in normal mode, and only for a few minutes when running in safe mode before browsing different web-sites stops working. For example if i do a online panda-scan, I cant get the result(log) when it's done. Hijack this does not show anything, neither do ewido, Norton antivirus, Ad-aware or trojanhunter, so I the threat should be removed. But if that was the case why does my internet connection shut down AFTER a few minutes(in safe mode)? :whistling:

Anybody have any helpful tips? Would be greatly appreciated

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Start with this

http://www.geekstogo...n=download&id=7

This Utility Restores (WinSock and TCP/IP) Registry Keys, that may become Corrupt after Removing the Host Program that Modified them

nOinternet

nOinternet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks it looks like that was the trick that needed to be done. It works in normal mode now, an haven't "gone down" yet. Is it normal to work for a few minutes like that, and then stop working if nothing is infected(just a need-to-know question for my own knowledge)?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It happens when you remove some things, which can be anything from malware which hooked itself on to something else and so on

Keep hold of winsockfix as it can come in handy if anything removes internet access completely

nOinternet

nOinternet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thank you so much!!! I'm really glad to finally have a computer that seems to run smoothly after 9 days in "[bleep]".

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Hope it goes well now