Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem Downloading Direct X 9.0

• Please log in to reply

xxphillyxx

xxphillyxx

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I'm having a problem downloading Direct X 9.0. Whenever I get pass the first part of the downloading the second part comes up and it says "A cabinet file cannot be trusted" and then the download fails. At first iit also said some stuff about cryptographic files but after about the 3rd try it stopped saying that. :help+: Thanks you!

Edited by xxphillyxx, 05 April 2006 - 05:35 PM.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there xxphillyxx, welcome To Geeks To Go Forums.

First start by downloading the new "DirectX" version. (If you have DirectX 9c, download it again, to make sure that your old installation file was not damaged)

http://www.softwarep...ws/directx.html

Then turn off your anti-virus (This may have been stoping it from installing in the past) Run the installation and see what happends.

Let me know if this worked. Cool :whistling:

xxphillyxx

xxphillyxx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Aww it still doesn't work :whistling: