Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google won't load

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dhodge6

dhodge6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Tried the site, followed the directions, but no success.

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Go into Spybot->Immunize section. Click on the top button to Undo the Immunization. Under Browser Helper section, is that box checked? If so, what does it say on the drop down box?

Restart and see if Google works.

dhodge6

dhodge6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Yes, the box is checked. On drop down box, it is set to Block all bad pages silently.

dhodge6

dhodge6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Restarted machine. Google will still not load.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Go back to Spybot and try unchecking that box and close out. See if Google is still blocked...probably...but just want to be sure Spybot is not causing the problem here.

Do you recall what programs you installed before this happened? Perhaps a security/antispyware program? It might be doing this...

dhodge6

dhodge6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Still no luck... Problem started on this pc as soon as I hooked up the D-link wireless adapter and connected to my main desktop computer. Soon after, google won't load on my other desktop computer as well as this one.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Post this in the Networking or Hardware boards. Tell them you are cleared from the Malware Forum and this is most likely a hardware or software setting issue.

Reply back one more time here to acknowledge this. I will then close out the topic.

dhodge6

dhodge6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I will post to that forum. Thanks.