Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vertical Lines down screen

• Please log in to reply

james_m

james_m

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My computer has developed these vertical lines that go down the screen from the moment you first turn on the computer when it loads up. The lines flicker and change colour. Ive tried changing many components within my computer such as my graphics card, different hard disks, different monitor and leads, different power supply, etc. I tried the jumper and battery on the motherboard as i had the error message "CMOS/GPNV Checksum Bad" coming up also that i believe was stopping windows even loading up on the screen as the monitor lost a signal and went to a black screen, but i could use safe mode to log on.

Since then ive installed windows onto a seperate hard disk and transfered my important files to that and i am now able to load on to windows normally, although all this has not done anything towards solving the vertical lines down my screen. I can only imagine it has something to do with the motherboard, maybe with the bios?

Any help would be much appreciated as im completely stumped on this one.

Advertisements

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
What GFX card do you have?

james_m

james_m

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Its a GeForce 4 Ti4200