Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help building

• Please log in to reply

harlo15

harlo15

• Pip
  • 2 posts
heres what i have so far...i have no idea if the [bleep] will actually fit together in the end so just let me know if this works so far please

GRAPHICS CARD
ATI Radeon X1300PRO 100-437601 Video Card - Retail

MOTHERBOARD
ASUS P5ND2-SLI Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

PROCESSOR
Intel Pentium 4 630 800MHz FSB LGA 775 EM64T Processor - Retail

MEMORY
CORSAIR ValueSelect 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail

HARD DRIVE
Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 SATA NCQ 3Gb/s 160GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

[u]CASE

COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-WW Black/Silver Computer Case With Side Panel Window - Retail

let me know if this works so far..at the moment im trying to pick a power supply but i dont know if i should get sli enabled and how many watts i should get etc.

Advertisements

harlo15

harlo15

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
so is this system doable so far?

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You can build this but i have some questions.

If you are not going with a dual video card SLI setup, but instead a non sli single card why have the sli motherboard. I think it would be easier to buy a single sli ready video card and run it. The cost is the same.

This is just my preference but i would look into the cedarmill 631 processor instead of the prescott simply because the cedarmill is 65nm and should run cooler than the prescott. I will be getting a cedarmill that i ordered in a day or so to run in my new build. Your Mb can run either one.

Heres a webpage on powersupplys that is interesting.

http://jonnyguru.blogspot.com/

SRX660

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I would go for a different vid card, an x300 or x700 as they are just as good but cheaper even though they are older.

I wouldnt bother with the SLI at all get a single card mobo as they are cheaper, and if you are going for cards in the x1300 range you wont need sli.