Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer crash

• Please log in to reply

jdavenport

jdavenport

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer just shuts off in the middle of doing things. I then have to unplug the power supply and let it sit for a couple of hours. The last time I booted up on Sunday. With daylights savings the date and time was off. It was hours off and the date was for the end of this month.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi jdavenport...

A couple of things come to mind with this one...Heat and PSU.

Is there any noise associated with the shutdown...like a click or a snap? If so, this may indicate a bade power supply.

Download Speed Fan (Click on the SpeedFan 4.28 link in the second paragraph), install it, and run it to monitor voltages and temperatures.

Start SpeedFan right after you download it and post back with the temps it finds.

wannabe1