Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RCA Lyra 1071 troubles

• Please log in to reply

KillEmAll83

KillEmAll83

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
I think this is the right forum, because it does connect to the computer.

I have a 512mb card that I put into the Lyra, and I've had it for a long time. It's never given me troubles until now. I already have about 50 songs on the card, but I want to add more. When I go into my documents, right-click a song and press send to removable disk, it gives me an error. It says:

Cannot copy "song name": The directory or file cannot be created.

But, I've tried sending the same song to the actual player, and it sends it successfully. Do I need to format the disk again?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Are you using a card reader when you get the error

Can you copy from the card to the hard drive

KillEmAll83

KillEmAll83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
My computer doesn't have one of those card reader things. I keep it in the mp3 and it recognizes it. I've always been able to copy songs from my hard drive to the computer.

And yes, I can copy music from the disk to my hard drive.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
So what I was thinking, if you copy everything from the disc to the drive then make a copy of that folder on the drive, try to add song to one of the folders, if they add, try to send them back to the disc, if they go on, fine, if not, providing you now have everything which is on the disc, stored on the drive, you can clear the disc then copy the revised contents from the drive to the disc

KillEmAll83

KillEmAll83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Oops! Sorry! I forgot about this thread! :whistling: And I don't completely understand what you've said above. Thanks.