Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to deregister a MSN network Passport ID

• Please log in to reply

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Someone keeps bugging me on one of my MSN ID it's not a report case so I stopped using that ID to login. Also deleted three folders in my computer related to that ID.

Is there a way to deregister/tell MSN that I don't want that ID anymore? Seems unfair if there's none cos other people who come up with the name wouldn't be able to use it while I'm not using it either.

Cheers

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
you might try going here:

http://support.msn.c...acy_support_hub

MSN doesn't really offer this an an option, but you might find someone there who can remove your account

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there chinofeliz, along with what gerryf said.

You could also remove him (Person bothering you) from your buddy list.

Usually if an account is not active over a period of time it is deleted automaticly.

Cool :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://support.msn.c...mail&ct=eformts

chose the option for "close your account"

that's h ow to close a passport account

Close your account
You may be able to close your account right away, or you may need to:
Resolve any issues that are listed on the page before you can close your account.
Be directed to another site or service to close your account.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sign in to the Microsoft Passport Network if you're not signed in already.
Go to the MSN Account Services home page.
Click Customer Support.
Click Close your account.
Read the information provided on the page to verify that you want to close your account, and then click Continue.
Note

When you close your account:

You will no longer be able to sign in to the Passport Network using your credentials (Unique information that you use to access restricted resources. For the Passport Network, credentials include your e-mail address and password. They may also include a mobile phone number and PIN, a smart card, or a security key.) .
Personal information that you have shared with sites and services is not automatically deleted and you may no longer be able to access that information. Therefore, you should sign in to those sites and delete your personal information before you close your account.
The closed account name cannot be used to open a new account for thirty days after the account is closed. If you want to reuse the closed account name to again sign up on the Passport Network, you can use the account name after thirty days have passed since the day you closed the account.
Another user could use your closed account name to sign up on the Passport Network after thirty days have passed since you closed your account .

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
how does

"A problem occurred. Please try again." help ?

:whistling: (bad link)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
fixed it...MSN sucks with the links...very hard to paste direct links with thier sites