Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firewall Help

• Please log in to reply

JeremyRoss

JeremyRoss

• Pip
  • 6 posts
for some reason my fire wall will come down on restart sometimes and just come down when im using it automatticaly and itskinda scary.. can some one help me fix this

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hi there JeremyRoss, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

I am not exactly sure what you mean??? Could you please give more clear descriptions.

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
It would also help to know specifically which firewall you're referring to. The one built into XP (Windows Firewall), or a third-party one like ZoneAlarm?

JeremyRoss

JeremyRoss

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
well.. its the one on windows xp... i have both this firewall and nortons firewall on and like 2 weeks ago at first at start up i had a prompt to disable one and i clicked no and dont show me this again.. but lately at start up this firewall will be down and i dont know why..

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
For one thing Jeremy, its ok that you had to disable one as you should only have ONE firewall and anti virus program. If you have more they will fight with one another and its likely that you'll have problems such as a loss of internet. And by down do you mean not working? Can you clarify whats now disabled and whats not, my recommendation is to disable windows firewall and have nortons enabled. Please tell us what you do in your next post and what is going on.
thanx
James

Edited by james_8970, 09 April 2006 - 01:29 PM.

TDXkev

TDXkev

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I use Norton as well, and you should disable your Windows firewall and use Norton instead.

You can do that by:

Start -> Control Panel -> Windows Firewall -> General Tab -> Click on Off -> Click on Ok.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Good Luck! :whistling: