Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mapi32 ERROR

• Please log in to reply

take 1

take 1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Windows XP is my Operating System. Lately, when booting up I get an error message "Cannot find Mapi32, try reinstalling the application to fix the problem." I can close this error message and my computer will boot up OK, it's just annoying and I'd like to figure out how to get rid of this error message.
Any ideas ?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
first, do a search for the file...is it mapi32.dll or mapi32.ocx

if it's found, we can just reregister it...if it's missing, we will need to know what email programs you use (outlook, outlook express...)

mapi is used by email programs.

take 1

take 1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The file is mapi32.dll, I have did a seach for the file and find a couple different files with the same name.
The only e-mail that I use is Yahoo. I did notice that my Yahoo Messanger stopped working at the same time that I started receiving this message. Thanks for your help !