Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

power supply

• Please log in to reply

thelastelephant

thelastelephant

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
hey everyone i need a new power supply as i only have a 350w in my case.

so my system specks are:
AMD 64 +3200
1 GB DDR 2700 RAM
Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe Motherboard
Sony cd-rw crx320e 52x/32x/52x/16x
120 GB and 160 GB hardrive ide

and im going to be getting a 7900gt pci-e and ill probably get a second one later for sli

so basically i want to get the best power supply for the least money. i dont really know much about them but i want one that will give me plenty of power for now and the future but i dont need any fancy or crazy overkill. just something practical and cheap. noise isnt really an issue.

any help?
thanks

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Where about are you in the world, US i would go for Antec, Enermax or thermaltake you will need about 500W UK i would go Hyper(cheap but good and cool looking) or Tagan(they might have those US). Akasa and ultra are also good brands if a little expensive sometimes, but you can often get a good deal, you will be looking for about 500W supply maybe 550 is you want the extra in future possibly.

thelastelephant

thelastelephant

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
is there anything specefic to look for besides brand and 550w or 500w?

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
What you want is a high amp PS. The higher the better. A pair of SLI video cards can use up 150 watts by themselves.

It ain't cheap but i would pick this one.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817194003

Its the best price for the most amps you can get.

SRX660