Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

heatsinks

• Please log in to reply

tom_beach22

tom_beach22

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
i want to know if there is any way to make my comps innter temp lower by doing something easy, i dot want to but another heat sink fan thig, but iw as wondering if i put a pice of copper in there would it help? like i would make it look like a fan, (when u fold paper into a fan) it would then absorbe some heat right??

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

How many case fans are installed??

If you put one in the front sucking air in and one in the back blowing air out, that will help quite a bit..

Also, make sure the existing fans and heatsinks are clean and dust free including the PSU fan..

Murray

tom_beach22

tom_beach22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
i got 2 fans.. one blows to to the CPU and the other it for the power supply. both are blowing outward. i made a pice of metal that i think could sujkc in heat but im not sure..... i have 1 more fan i could use. its from ,y xbox.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Not enough.. all you have is the VERY bare minimum and less than what comes standard on most systems now..

You NEED a couple of case fans.. If you don't know what they are or how to mount them, it would be worth your while and pocketbook to have them installed for you asap!!

Murray

tom_beach22

tom_beach22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
so i think i should put in my xbox fan...i dont know where to plug it in tho...

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Bad idea, considering xboxs are notoriously bad cooling you might not want to use the cooling from it, also fans wear down, and considering they are ridiculously cheap(under a fiver a fan for 92mm and 5 to 10 for large 120mm) you should just go to your local PC shop and buy some proper PC fans. Besides isnt it just low rpm 60mms on an xbox not ideal cooling.

tom_beach22

tom_beach22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
i got my xbox fan going al like 300 mms because i have a unleashed X thing on there. im going to go to my town pc shop and but the fastest fan i can! i dont really trust me pc shop tho, i took my computer in there once ti get it formated, it look them three days. i went there took it back nothing had changed and i did it my self in like 20 minets....

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
A fans a fan you just go in and ask for xxx fan (i dont know what your case can handle so youll have to check, 120mm fans are the best if your case has the mounts and the room for them then its the 92mm fans and finally the 80mms.)

tom_beach22

tom_beach22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
i checked and there are zero open fan things. should i cut a hole in the case? i think thats what ill do.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
A case with no fan mounts that seems unlikely what is the case and where did you get it. Also you can just cut holes you need to drill the mounts first then make the fan opening and get a grill for it, if you have a case with no fan mounts it would probably be easier just to get a better case.

tom_beach22

tom_beach22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
this is the only grillish thing where a fan could go but i dont think they make fans that size. its a dell case and Posted Image

Edited by tom_beach22, 12 April 2006 - 06:43 PM.