Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Where can I get a .com domain?

• Please log in to reply

KillEmAll83

KillEmAll83

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
I'm looking to get a .com domain for my Invisionfree forum. Anybody know a good site that for buying domains? Thanks. :whistling:

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi:

godaddy.com and startlogic for two. I'm sure you'll get more. Check for others here:

Compare Web Hosting

Ron

KillEmAll83

KillEmAll83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
See, the problem I have with some of these sites is that I don't know how to link a forum to it. It comes with all this website builder, etc. and I don't want any of that. How can I get just the domain and link my forum to it?

And thank you for the websites. :whistling:

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
I use GoDaddy and I do NOT use their hosting.. I only register domain names with them.

Your host has DNS nameservers, use GoDaddy, register the name, insert the namerserver information and voila! you are done.

Angst

Angst

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
I swear on my life by CyHosting.

Okay, so im biased. It's my dad's company. I used it, and my dad forced me to pay. But, it was great service. My friend got a domain from CyHosting, and was treated the same. You should try it. www.cyhosting.com

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
It's your Dad an he made you pay? :blink:

Geeks to Go Hosting is $8.95 for .com/.net/.org, about the same as the rest. I hear they're a good host. :whistling:

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
I buy domain names off...

http://www.dynadot.com

Theyre really cheap to.

Also, i get my hosting from www.centricahosting.com . But i dont buy it off there website, i get their special eBay deal which is only £5.95 / yr! And thats for unlimited bandwidth / space / email addresses etc.

And on the centrica hosting control panel to manage your website, they have lots of components, so you can just click "install forums" and within a click the forums is set up for you!

Its GREAT! Here is one of there eBay sales now...

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope this helps and good luck!

:whistling: