Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WMP suddenly acting strange

• Please log in to reply

kott2ke

kott2ke

• Pip
  • 2 posts
WMP has decided that there is no CD burner linked to it! I use it occasionally and it has always worked fine. Only recent changes I can think of are Quicken acct'g software so I did a system restore- no change. Also downloaded and reinstalled WMP 10, altho I didn't uninstall current version before or after.

Running WinXP.

Msg I get from WMP says something like, "no CD burner or CD drive found" yet the drive plays audio CDs and DVDs just fine.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

:whistling: kott2ke

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you try with this

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/download.php

CDBurnerXP Pro is an easy to use CD/DVD burning software, that can write CD-R and CD-RW discs. The program can also write disks directly from an ISO image file, and save image as an ISO image file (*.iso). You can create data and audio CDs, and it supports Burn-Proof technology, multi-session disks, import of ISO images and more. In addition to CD burning, you can also rip audio CDs, normalize WAV files, encode MP3 files, erase disks, and more. CDBurnerXP Pro does not require ASPI when used under for NT/2000/XP. The program can also convert .bin and .nrg (Nero) images to .ISO format.

kott2ke

kott2ke

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Alright, Keith!!

Much appreciated reply- will try the CD burner you suggested as soon as my Internet connection is back up and running (I'm using another laptop).

You and all other G2G's are great!

Yours,

Kott2ke