Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

uninstalling a program that wont uninstall

• Please log in to reply

Leap

Leap

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I tried uninstalling a program from the add/remove programs and it wont uninstall. Any way of getting it off the computer? I also have a program that is in the computer but it isnt in the add/remove programs list. How can i be able to remove that program??

Advertisements

Digidave

Digidave

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Try uninstalling it in safe mode.

Leap

Leap

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I tried uninstalling it in safe mode but still no luck. It is like the uninstaller isnt there. I tried to reinstall the program but the disc only goes to the front page and there isnt any buttons to continue the installation. This is a program I need to install internet (DSL) onto a second computer. Talked to the DSL Provider and no luck through them.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
you did not mention the programs

to remove the program from add remove, you can reinstall it, then uninstall (preferred) or

start >run regedit
<enter>

Navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

search through the folders beneath it for the offending program

After removing it, delete the program folder from c:\program files

For the other, do the same

The second two methods will leave some debris behind as programs install files to multiple locations, but it will get rid of MOST of the files

Leap

Leap

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I found the uninstaller on the programs disc and uninstalled it from there. It worked. The only problem is the disc wont reinstall so I called the DSL company and they are sending me a new disc. Thanks to all.